Monday, November 9, 2009

'Desperate Housewives' Recap: The Grudge


Desperate Housewives Season 6 Episode 7: Careful The Things You Say
source ABC


Desperate Housewives is one of Word-Vomiting's favourite shows, and we feel that this week's episode is kind of underwhelming, considering the fantastic episodes we've been getting this season. We do, however, learn that Angie is a great cook, and she's taking Katherine's old job. How very Italian of her.


The Bolens invite Bree and Orson over for a home-cooked dinner, which turns out to be a ploy to get Bree to employ Angie. Bree feels uncomfortable around Angie because she's very forward. "Last week she asked me how much my dress cost. Do I still get visits from my Aunt Flow," Bree complains. Hilarious! Bree declines the job application right off the bat.

Angie offers her family recipe when Bree claims she's cooking for a "friend". Angie explodes into flames of anger when she finds out Bree is using her dead-grandmother recipe for business. Bree visits Angie and apologizes for her atrocious behavior. She even, surprisingly, confide in Angie about her marital problems.

Continuing with the confessional streak, Angie reveals, "If there's one thing I know how to do, is keep things to myself." Of course the viewers know that she's talking about the hideous burn scar on her back. I'm glad that Angie is more integrated into the main housewives' story lines, and I absolutely loved the dynamic between Angie and Bree.



source ABC


I won't dwell much on Susan's story line because it's lame. Basically, a policewoman can't get over the fact that Susan "stole" her boyfriend back in high school, which in turn lands Susan on jail. There you have it. FYI, I was fined by a ticket officer just this afternoon, and it cost me $100.

On the other side of the lane, Gaby proves to be a horrible teacher when she's having difficulties teaching Algebra to a five-year old. Here's a thought: enroll Juanita in Public School! Problem's solved.

Things took an interesting turn when Julie confides in Lynette about having an affair with Nick Bolen. Lynette warns Nick about the consequences of the extramarital affair, leading Nick to show his creepy side, "If I find out you told anyone about us, you're the one who's going to be sorry." Lynette informs the police about the affair and Angie gives Nick an alibi and a bloody nose. I'm betting Angie has something to do with Julie's coma as she's proven to be a ruthless person time and again. She punched her freakin' man for God's sake.

So what did you think about the episode? I, for one, can't wait for the November sweeps! (Spoilers Alert!) We heard about a plane crashing into Wisteria Lane. Woo!

Word-Vomiting Score: 7.7/10

No comments: