Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Movie Review: "The Princess and the Frog"



source


Jefry: I went to see The Princess and The Frog earlier. I understand that this review is long overdue, but I'm not not wasting my $10.50.
Joshua: Fine. How was the movie?
Jefry: It was fine. I felt judged by the movie counter girl though, she was giving me this look. But I can't help it that I love Disney Princess movies.

Joshua: Actually, i watched it a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was underwhelming, you know, considering the quality of older disney classics.
Jefry: Sure, the film lacks the catchy musical numbers like The Little Mermaid's Part of Your World and Enchanted's That's How You Know, but I'll give it credit for using classic hand-drawn animations. We're constantly bombarded by computer-animated features, and honestly I'm getting a little sick of them.

Joshua: Are there any highlights from the film you'd like to mention?
Jefry: Yeah, I was extremely entertained by the love-stricken firefly Ray. He definitely steals the show for me. Also, how romantic is that dancing-on-the-lake scene. It reminds me of the love-boat scene in The Little Mermaid, where Ariel is trying to tell Prince Eric her name. Ooh, I'm basically having Disney Princess orgasm right now.

Joshua: Please sum up the movie in a sentence.
Jefry: It's a throwback to Disney's earlier works, it's not quite there yet but it sure is entertaining.
Joshua: What would you score the film out of 10?
Jefry: 8, just because it doesn't rely on 3-D gimmick and mindless actions. I really liked it, the children in the audience seemed to love it, but it could use an improvement in the music department. I'm just a geek for 2-D animations.


Editor's note: This conversation is fictional, duh. Who the fuck speaks like that in real life?!

No comments: