Monday, January 11, 2010

'Desperate Housewives' Recap: Strip Tease



Desperate Housewives Season 6 Episode 12: You Gotta Get a Gimmick
source ABC


After a gimmicky attempt to increase viewership (a plane crashed on Wisteria Lane, y'all), I'm glad to say that this week's episode of Desperate Housewives is free from the flashbacks/flashforwards bullshit the writers keep shoving down our throats last season.




As much as I love the career-driven Bree, I can't wait to see her home-bound like in the first few seasons.


Mary Alice reveals that the episode revolves around the act of stripping. Susan inherits a strip club from ex-husband Karl, and gladly works the pole.
Lynette strips the veneer of domestic simplicity, and finds the grief of losing one of her twins.
Gaby strips away the facade of wealth only to realize she's shameful of her ethnicity.
Bree discovers cruelty underneath her husband's helplessness.

Highlights from the delightfully juicy episode:

- Needless to say Teri Hatcher is one hot babe. Her strip tease is so sexual I could feel sex radiating off my macbook screen.
- Juanita is shocked to learn she's Mexican. Genius.
- "We eat Chinese food, too. Does that mean I'm Chinese?" asks the confused Juanita.
- The kitchen scene between Bree and Orson reminds me of Season 1 Bree, where she used to be so unhappy around control-freak Rex. Don't get me wrong, I for one am excited to see the comeback of Season 1 Bree.
- Lynette's speech about losing one of her children is so heartbreaking.
- Apparently, a 60-inches plasma TV can solve everything.
- The Desperate Housewives kids got together for the first time in the show's six year run. Julie/Danny pairing is very cute.
- Mrs. McClusky and Lee are totally into Tom Scavo.

Word-Vomiting Score: 8.8/10

No comments: